Thursday, September 13, 2012

Christmas Stockings

Years ago I made a felt tree skirt from a kit. Used it for many years before passing it down to our son after he got married.

With the kids grown and new hobbies to explore, I began making them felt Christmas stockings. I made 4 from a kit (here's one of them).


Zack's first stocking (our grandson)

Then I got brave....
I began designing my own stockings based on family interests and personalities. Here are the ones I have finished thus far.



Billy's stocking - #30 on football helmet is his # from high school, South Carolina Gamecocks (favorite team), Alabama, Texas A&M, "Gig'em Aggies" and high national championship ring from college.



Haley's stocking - she loves colors and flowers, especially hydrangeas
 


I've got another one in the works right now for my daughter's boyfriend. I'll add the picture when done.

To create my own designs I make a blank stocking outline and cut felt for the base. Then I found graphics on the internet and used them as reference points for design and color. Each stocking takes several months from start to finish but it's a labor of love.

For the stockings made from kits, I think I'll be going back and making personal stockings for those family members.

Kits and supplies for custom designs bought at Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

***********************************
9/22/15 - Completed another stocking this summer for our son-in-law, Casey.


No comments:

Post a Comment