Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homecoming mums and garters

Something I've done for years has been to make homecoming mums. I can't even remember when I began making them. For a period of time I owned and operated a flower shop and after making a couple hundred mums and garters in addition to working on 9 funerals in one week I decided I needed to "retire."

As part of the sales agreement for the shop I was required to sign a non-compete agreement for a period of 5 years. Which was nice because I then had a rest. The agreement indicated I could make things for family and friends but I couldn't make a profit.

Here are just a few of the final items I made for my daughter and her boyfriend their senior year.
Haley's senior year homecoming mum (GCS)

Chandlor's homecoming garter (REL)
 
 
Supplies were purchased from Hobby Lobby and Michael's. For the most part I do not use the traditional white mum centers (except for the garter that was shaped like a baseball).  I like tying small organza boys with metalic ribbon and making a floral centerpiece that's a little different. The first mum we used artificial gerbera daisies in pastel colors. Haley loved the little stuffed giraffe so we added it to the center and it was perfect!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment