Thursday, September 13, 2012

Shadow Box

My first project in our new "home" (after putting away all my junk) was to create a shadow box of my husband's Junior College National Championship memorabilia. This isn't a great picture of the completed project but it is what it is...



1979 Ranger Junior Collge National Championship - Billy Martin #60

Throwing away and editing old pictures and documents was a little daunting. However, I finally realized that this is going to be an heirloom for our children and grandchildren. After a couple of failed attempts to attach the items to the back wall of the shadowbox I decided to use my favorite glue, E600. Wouldn't go anywhere without it...and I'm not kidding.

Here's my shopping list:
Shadowbox - Hobby Lobby (these are relatively expensive so I would wait until they are on sale)
Mats - Michael's (I chose black to give it a clean look)
Velvet watch & ring holders - Michael's
Adhesives - Michael's & Hobby Lobby (always keep several kinds on hand)
Stickers - Michael's (I tried to keep these simple in this project, again, for a clean look)
E600 - Hobby Lobby (you can get this at WalMart, Michael's and other stores as well)

(I will add better pics when I get them)

No comments:

Post a Comment